Sunday, April 8, 2012

For those who care....sneak peeks

Just a heads up...for a couple months I've been using Twitter to post quick updates on what I'm making. I have to admit I post a lot more on Twitter (still not much...probably less than 2 tweets a week) than on here. It's much easier and quicker...but it's only a picture of what I've made/eaten.

If you want what might be called a "sneak peek" of what's to come on the blog when I get time, follow me on Twitter as @Cured_meats. https://twitter.com/#!/cured_meats

4 comments:

Tom P. said...

Jason, great blog! I've always wanted to do this, and your blog's a great resource. Thanks.

Question: I have a chamber set up in a fridge and a bresola in cure, but my humidistat's on backorder and I need to do something. I'm thinking that I can make a mini chamber out of 2-liter soda bottles, with openings at the top and bottom. Hang the bresola inside it along with my hygrometer, stick the whole thing in the fridge and adjust the openings to bring the internal humidity into range. Think it'll work?

Jasonmolinari said...

It's worth a try. But a simple dish of water or wet towel hanging in teh chamber may be sufficient temporarily.

Tom P. said...

Yeah, I'd tried that but four baking pans and a towel only got me to 45%. I've hung it in the door and taped it off with plastic wrap, seems to have worked (it's at about 75% now). Hopefully there's enough air motion to le me get by.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jason, Been reading your blog for the the last few years and made me take the plunge into cured meats. If your interested I am starting up a new forum for sausage and cured meats at:

http://www.meatprocessingforum.com/

I've read your posts about belonging to to many forums, but I hope to create a good US based forum for all those interested in cured meats.